Test yourself if you are not sure if you might need help.
1. Are my efforts to change my thinking or attitudes working?
2. Do I continue to struggle with something that impacts my daily functioning?
3. Am I able to step back and examine my own thoughts, or would it help to have another person’s perspective?
4. Do I give up too easily rather than persevere in changing my thoughts and behaviors?
5. Are other people telling me I would benefit from “talking to somebody”?
6. Are worries making it difficult to sleep or function effectively during the day?
7. Am I avoiding situations out of fear or anxiety?
8. Is my behavior affecting my relationships in negative ways?
9. Do I find it difficult to make changes on my own or to stick with them?
10. Might I work better with a professional than doing it alone?
(adapted from a checklist by Jeffrey S. Nevid)